I see time and time again couples reaching out on social media to other couples.
How much are you paying for your photographer?
This is like asking how much did you pay for your shopping last week!
You need to know THIS WILL NOT HELP YOU BUDGET OR KNOW IF YOU ARE BEING QUOTED THE RIGHT PRICE FOR YOU
* You may not know what package other brides are having
* You won’t know if their photographer has had to come from miles away and they have paid travelling costs. (ask if Travel & Accommodation is extra as this is not a good use of your budget.
* More importantly, you don’t know what style they are having. Did they pay £3,500 because they had a Fine Art photographer coming in from Amsterdam? I know a few of those, and actually worth every penny and more…but you need to know before you can make any comparison on what you have been quoted
I also don’t see anyone asking what style of photography they want to get the right suppliers responding in the first place.
If you want overexposed, Fine Art, Traditional or Reportage etc. Not every photographer will specialise in every style. So figure out what style you want first before your supplier talks you into the style they want you to have.
So if you are on a group suppliers page and want photographers to come to you, make sure that you let them know:
* What style of photography you want
* The budget you have (don't assume they will use all of it, but no point falling in love with a photographer to find they are way over budget)
* The Date you are getting married (if you have one)
* The area of your venue (to ensure they cover your area)
By doing this you will get inundated with photographers that can accommodate your exact needs.
All there is left to do is ensure that you are not spending lots of £’s on travel and accommodation unless you feel they are worth it.
And finally remember, as I read earlier from one Photographer which I wholeheartedly agree with, less cost is usually less experienced. If you can afford the experience, don’t skimp! You get what you pay for.
I did a blog on picking your style before your photographer some time ago. It’s a little old but the message you need to understand is there. Click here to read
If you just visit instragram and type #weddingphotographeruk or #ukweddingphotographer you will come up with lots of wedding photos for you to see exactly what style you like. You will likely be drawn to a style.
7 views0 comments