Wedding Posteponements due to COVID 19
This has been a devastating time for the Wedding Industry as we have had to deal with so many unhappy couples who are having to move their weddings, and now even for a second time. The stress, the anguish, the uncertainty of whether to go ahead or postpone, its been highly stressful for so many couples.
There has been so much uncertainty around weddings. We are allowed a wedding but only for 30 heartbeats but for some this may just tick that all important box, to marry your loved one.
For those of you that are unsure about your August/September weddings, It is better to get ahead of the game now so you can make informed decisions than be in a blind panic having to make quick decisions you are not ready for. So maybe worth reaching out to your venue to see what their intentions are and what dates they have available in case you want to think about moving it.
Events are set to return on a pilot basis with social distancing and formal strict guidelines to be followed and this will be allowed to continue ONLY if the infection rate remains the same. However, weddings have not yet been considered in this. We hear on the grapevine that it's likely to return from November, but at what size yet we don't know, keep coming back to get the updated information as we update this page as we get new news.
Here is what you would need to do if you wish to postpone
Contact your Insurance Company, some insurances are paying out it the venue close on government orders, but the only one I know paying out is John Lewis at the moment.
Contact your venue, find out where you stand and if they will postpone your wedding for free, get some available dates. Some venues will allow only 6 months from the original date but some will over you 12 months. However, if your insurance covers all your expenses, you can at least start all over and pick a date you prefer next year, especially if you have a church wedding as you can only have only 30 heartbeats allowed to attend the ceremony (for now)
Contact your immediate family that you just can't go without on your day, check they can make those dates given
Contact your registrar/church and all your suppliers once you have the dates from the above chosen,
and see where you stand with postponement and their availability
Have a discussion at home to see what is the most beneficial date for you to consider.
(you may have to consider that this is not necessarily a time of year you want to marry
(unless you are insured, then you can start over)
Email everyone asap and re-book with your chosen date so you can start to get on board with your new wedding date!
Contact all your guests with your new date
- and do ask for an RSVP obviously-
More importantly, remember that you still get to marry the partner of your dreams,
just a little later than you had expected